[RPL/2] How to draw anything ?

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Lun 16 Juil 20:22:38 CEST 2007

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre wrote:
> Let's make thing clear:
>
> dhp at moon_gen_2:~/documents/programmation/rpl$ gv -version
> gv 3.6.3
> dhp at moon_gen_2:~/documents/programmation/rpl$ gnuplot -V
> gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 0
> dhp at moon_gen_2:~/documents/programmation/rpl$

	OK. Can you post here DEFS variable you can find in src/Makefile. It is
like :

DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Dd_version_rpl=\"4.00pre8x\" \
         -Dd_exec_path=\"${prefix}\" -DFORCE_GNUPLOT_PATH -UDEBUG \
         -DMOTIF_SUPPORT -DPOSTSCRIPT_SUPPORT -DGNUPLOT_SUPPORT \
         -DVIM_SUPPORT -DMYSQL_SUPPORT -UEXPERIMENTAL_CODE $(date) -g

I think you have build gnuplot and RPL/2 with DFORCE_GNUPLOT_PATH and
RPL/2 cannot find any gnuplot executable.

> RPL2 have been rebuild after installing both.
>
> Attached program produce attached EPS, 1195 bytes files; gv and
> imagemagick show a white surface on my screen (playing contrast/light
> does not help seeing any black dot).
>
> Since I would understand gv/gnuplot pops up may not persist after
> interpreter terminated, I tried interactive CLI:

	In CLI, gnuplot persists until you leave RPL/2. In script mode, you
have to use PERSIST if you want to detach gnuplot from RPL/2.

> dhp at moon_gen_2:~/documents/programmation/rpl$ rpl -is
> +++RPL/2 version 4.00pre8w (Monday 07/16/07, 17:42:44 CEST)
> +++Copyright (C) 1989 to 2006, 2007 BERTRAND Joël
>
> +++This is a free software with absolutely no warranty.
> +++For details, type 'warranty'.
>
> +++'X' steq draw
> +++drax
> +++persist
> +++{ "droite.eps" "postscript eps enhanced monochrome dashed" }
>
> 1: { "droite.eps"
>      "postscript eps enhanced monochrome dashed" }
> +++LCD->
> +++

> still no pop-up.
>
> Reading you next email, I do not understand what you say about prlcd.

	PR1 prints the first stack level. PRLCD prints gnuplot graphic.

> Shall I just wait next release ? or is there a way to get some curve on
> my screen tonight an other way ?

	Please report here DEFS and gnuplot path.

	JKB