[RPL/2] How to draw anything ?

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre benoit at demaine.info
Lun 16 Juil 20:36:34 CEST 2007

> I think you have build gnuplot and RPL/2 with DFORCE_GNUPLOT_PATH and
> RPL/2 cannot find any gnuplot executable.

Gnuplot ... from Gentoo.

RPL/2, likely. We had long chat about this so that I could write the
Ebuild for Gentoo. I will have to break a compile in the middle to be
able to grab what you ask; Gentoo supresses temp dir after success;
compile logs from Gentoo (cousole output) do not explicit what you ask
me here.

Note that I install in /usr/bin , but to keep easy compatibility with
examples you provide at various places, I leave as script header
#!/usr/local/bin/rpl -sc

I thus got a symlink from /usr/local/bin/rpl to /usr/bin/rpl

from
/var/tmp/portage/doublehp/rpl2-4.0.0.8.0.23-r2/work/rpl-4.00pre8w/build/src/Makefile

DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Dd_version_rpl=\"4.00pre8w\" \
                -Dd_exec_path=\"/usr\" -DFORCE_GNUPLOT_PATH -UDEBUG \
                -DMOTIF_SUPPORT -DPOSTSCRIPT_SUPPORT -DGNUPLOT_SUPPORT \
                -DVIM_SUPPORT -UMYSQL_SUPPORT -UEXPERIMENTAL_CODE $(date) -g

Not sure what you want about GnuPlot ... it has been installed
automatically by Gentoo to satisfay deps (probably for Geda):

dhp at moon_gen_2:~/documents/programmation/rpl$ which gnuplot
/usr/bin/gnuplot

***

Maybe a coredump, strace log, or debug file would be more helpfull. I'll
 send them in private

--
 >o_/ DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP) http://benoit.demaine.info/
If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work \_o<

"So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
(FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)