[FreeVMS] More questions

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Wed Mar 25 22:11:40 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 08:31:55PM +0100, Guido wrote:

> Here are some examples:
>
> Some can be deleted without any compile errors:
>     linux/fs/jbd/* (no journaling fs support any time soon)

Yes, these may be considered as dead code.

> Headers that are included, but are really not needed:
>     linux/include/linux/joystick.h (joystick)

Yes, I have removed many of these, too, but they are trickier.
There is always something in one of them that is used somewhere else.
And recompile on all architectures and Debians is needed.

> There are many more. Some might be useful to keep although not used at
> present, like things for SMP.

There is already SMP support (but I have only tested with uniprocessor).
Not sure to which extent those SMP header files are or may be used.

--
Regards,
Roar Thronæs