[FreeVMS] More questions

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:51:17 CET 2015

On 03/25/2015 10:11 PM, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 08:31:55PM +0100, Guido wrote:
>> Headers that are included, but are really not needed:
>>      linux/include/linux/joystick.h (joystick)
> Yes, I have removed many of these, too, but they are trickier.
> There is always something in one of them that is used somewhere else.
> And recompile on all architectures and Debians is needed.
I ran a simple script that for each header file in ./linux searches if
it is included anywhere in the source tree, even if commented out. There
are quite a few header files that do not meet these conditions and it
seems to me those are no longer needed.

Most of them are related to hardware drivers, file systems or network
(including firewall) for which the  accompanying source files are no
longer present.

Guido