[FreeVMS] Using the Bochs images?

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Thu Nov 25 13:29:37 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 04:42:30PM +0100, BERTRAND Joel wrote:

> 	Don't forget that these images are very old and not up to date. I'm
> currently working on FreeVMS 0.4.0
> (http://www.freevms.net/trac/browser/) because actual monolithic kernel
> is not easy maintainable. New system reuse all stuff made by Roar and
> all but is written on top of a microkernel. Today, only boot process,
> virtual memory and some parts of init process are done. I shall do a new
> set of images when new kernel shall be able to launch init and load
> drivers from memory to access to disk.

Hi

It is really nice that you found the time to continue with it.
Still a pity that only one is working on it.

By the way, the last things I did after the last release (0.3.15),
was trying to add support for VirtualBox (and a new network interface
driver for that), but it stagnated before completion.
Maybe you could check out the current sources from CVS and see if it
can be used sometime.

--
Regards,
Roar Thronæ