[FreeVMS] Using the Bochs images?

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Fri Nov 12 16:42:30 CET 2010

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson a écrit :
> Dear FreeVMS users/developers,

	Hello,

> For those of us not well versed in Bochs, is someone willing to make a
> little howto for running the bochs images?  Is one already on the wiki
> somewhere?  I did not find it.
>
> I just wanted to try it out quickly but have to spend too much time
> reading up on bochs it seems.

	Normally, you should use floppy and hard disk images (that run fine
under qemu, I don't have bochs). You should boot on floppy that contains
grub.

	Don't forget that these images are very old and not up to date. I'm
currently working on FreeVMS 0.4.0
(http://www.freevms.net/trac/browser/) because actual monolithic kernel
is not easy maintainable. New system reuse all stuff made by Roar and
all but is written on top of a microkernel. Today, only boot process,
virtual memory and some parts of init process are done. I shall do a new
set of images when new kernel shall be able to launch init and load
drivers from memory to access to disk.

	Regards,

	JKB