[FreeVMS] Status update

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Thu Apr 9 11:02:45 CEST 2009

Alexander von Knorring wrote:
> Hello!

	Hello,

> I have also been interested in the FreeVMS project for a while.
> Also thought it would need a custom kernel, for example OpenVMS
> can run processes in both user and real-time mode.

	Right.

> I have been working on clone of the real-time kernel VxWorks.
> Perhaps there are some parts in that project that can be of use
> for the kernel you are suggesting?

	Maybe, but I'm not sure. I think we have a lot of work to define a
_good_ implementation. This implementation has to be written on wiki (or
some other collaborative stuff) before restarting this project.

> Check it out:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmx/

	For information, mailing list has 114 subscribers. If only 10% of these
subscribers contribute, I think we quickly have some good documentation ;-)

	Regards,

	JKB