[FreeVMS] New release 0.2.9

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson johann at myrkraverk.com
Ven 5 Mai 23:41:16 CEST 2006

Roar Thronæs <roart at nvg.ntnu.no> writes:

> Hi
>
> New release 0.2.9 at
> ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/vms/freevms (freevms-0_2_9.tgz and
linker-0_2_6)

Nice to know there's still something going on ;)

However, being *completely* new to freevms, as well as a VMS n00b,
I've no real idea what to do with this.

Is there good information somewhere on what happens when I try to
build/install it?  I'm a bit reluctant to try something that might
screw up my current linux installation (my desktop).

> Disk images are named a.img.gz and c.img.gz.
> The USE file or reference to it should accompany downloads.
> (For x86_64 they are named a.img.x86_64.gz and c.img.x86_64.gz)

I presume these disk images are for bochs, but since I don't have it
installed at the moment, I'm not giving them a try yet.  Also, the
didn't seem to be as recent as the source code mentioned above.

Johann

P.S. is #freevms on ircnet dead?

--
johann myrkraverk com (you know the drill with the @ and .)
I classify Outlook mail as spam, use something else.