[FreeVMS] New release 0.2.0

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Jeu 15 Déc 09:30:43 CET 2005

Hi

We seem to have reached a (minor) milestone, with ODS-2 to be used about as
good as Ext2 when booted from and used natively,
and I have thereby decided to increase version to 0.2.

New release 0.2.0 at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/vms/freevms (freevms-0_2_0.tgz and linker-0_1_6)

New VFS ODS2 at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/linux/ods2/ods2-source_0.9.3.w5_all.deb
(or ods2_0.9.3.w5.tar.gz).

News:
Starlet and librtl ELF libraries are now built with PIC.
ODS-2 moved higher up in grub menu.
Fixed paths and path handling to work with RMS on both ODS-2 and Ext2.
More VFS system calls wrapped to RMS.
Telnet included in dcltables.
Dynamic linking (as with telnet) works now on both ODS-2 and Ext2 booting.
Cli$dispatch can now also do .ele files in CONFIG_VMS mode.

Bugs fixed:
Misc fixes with regard to RMS Ext2 return code, directory flag.
Missing directory flag and temporary fix for fcb filesize in RMS ODS-2.
Hex instead of octals in stat returns.
Missing error checks in VFS system calls.
VFS ODS-2 did not do doubling allocation. Also replaced llseek with generic.
Worked around setxattr install segfault on debian stable.
Munmap was not working properly, due to loop not being done.

New bugs/features:
Probably some.

Notes:
Since debian stable's libdl can not handle dynamic linking with
dollars in pathnames, dynamic linking with ELF is postponed a bit
for ordinary installation and use.

Regards,
Roar Thronæs