[RPL/2] RPL/2 build problems on Intel Edison SoC from sources

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mon Apr 13 23:23:57 CEST 2015

Mark H. Harris a écrit :
> Greetings,

	Hello,

>     Well, I've been at it for about twenty hours; and I'm stuck. I am
> trying to build RPL/2 native on an Intel Edison SoC and I continue to
> get a 'configure' error; "C compiler cannot create executables";  this
> for tools/gnuplot, and ncurses, and others; depending on what I disable
> and how far I can get it to go.

	Very strange. You should have an error in config.log. Warning,
configure builds a static executable and a static library. Thus, all
libraries in ./tools and ./rplcas are recursively configured. If error
occurs in ncurses configuration, you have to check error in
$(builddir)/tools/$(ncurses)/config.log.

>     Things I've tried: CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, environment variables;  I have
> verified that libc6-dev and libc-dev are on-board ( I was able to build
> the entire GCC compiler enabling C, C++, anc gFortran from sources ;
> works great )  I have built several of the gnu tools with the compiler
> that 'configure' is telling doesn't work!
>     So, I'm frustrated. Anyone have any idea what I might try, or take a
> look at. Oh, by the by, ./autogen.sh runs flawlessly...  and
>   'configure' looks like its going to run flawlessly... finds gcc, and
> everything checks out... all the patches run fine, and then it throws up
> its hands at
>
> depfiles... and gets the first C compiler cannot create executables at
> the tools/gnuplot...  if I --disable-embedded-gnuplot  (I have it
> installed on my system) then the configure throws up its hands with the
> same error for  ncurses-5.9
>
> ?

	I don't know this SoC, but it seems to run over an Atom. Thus, I don't
know why you obtain this error. Please send here your configuration
(head config.log), operating system, gcc version and faulty config.log.
Maybe your gcc doesn't understand one of the harcoded flags.

	Regards,

	JKB