[RPL/2] RPL/2 build problems on Intel Edison SoC from sources

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 04:01:43 CEST 2015

Greetings,
   Well, I've been at it for about twenty hours; and I'm stuck. I am trying
to build RPL/2 native on an Intel Edison SoC and I continue to get a
'configure' error; "C compiler cannot create executables";  this for
tools/gnuplot, and ncurses, and others; depending on what I disable and how
far I can get it to go.
   Things I've tried: CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, environment variables;  I have
verified that libc6-dev and libc-dev are on-board ( I was able to build the
entire GCC compiler enabling C, C++, anc gFortran from sources ; works
great )  I have built several of the gnu tools with the compiler that
'configure' is telling doesn't work!
   So, I'm frustrated. Anyone have any idea what I might try, or take a
look at. Oh, by the by, ./autogen.sh runs flawlessly...  and  'configure'
looks like its going to run flawlessly... finds gcc, and everything checks
out... all the patches run fine, and then it throws up its hands at

depfiles... and gets the first C compiler cannot create executables at the
tools/gnuplot...  if I --disable-embedded-gnuplot  (I have it installed on
my system) then the configure throws up its hands with the same error for
 ncurses-5.9

?

TIA

kind regards,