[RPL/2] RPL/2 Documentation Question

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mer 24 Nov 09:45:09 CET 2010

Gregory Warner a écrit :
> Dr. Bertrand,

	Hello,

> I have a question regarding your RPL/2 language implementation. Is there
> any documentation for the specific RPL commands themselves?

	I'm trying to write a french documentation, but it's a huge work and I
don't have time enough to translate it in english...

> For example,
> is there usage documentation available for the SQLCONNECT command, as in
> what arguments it expects from the stack and what data it pushes to the
> stack? I would like to see documentation on many of the other RPL
> commands, but that was just an example. Is there any way I can figure
> out the proper usage of the commands?

	You can use 'HELP' intrinsic :

RPL/2> help
HELP> sqlquery

   SQLQUERY (requête SQL)

     2: "string"
     1: { list }
->  1: { list }

     2: "string"
     1: Sql $n (type)
->  1: { list }

   Utilisation :

     "select * from table"
           { "mysql" "server" "database" "user" "password" } SQLQUERY
     "select field from table"
           { "postgresql:iso-8859-1" "server" "database" "user"
           "password" port } SQLQUERY

HELP> sqlconnect

   SQLCONNECT (connexion à une base de données SQL)

     1: { list }
->  1: Sql $n (type)

   Utilisation :

     { "mysql" "server" "database" "user" "password" } SQLCONNECT
     { "postgresql:iso-8859-1" "server" "database" "user" "password"
           port } SQLCONNECT

HELP>

	For exhaustive documentation, unfortunately, you have to wait I have
time enough to finish the french one and to wait someone has time to
translate it.

	Regards,

	JKB