[RPL/2] compile error

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre benoit at demaine.info
Mer 19 Mai 14:24:18 CEST 2010

On 19/05/10 09:47, BERTRAND Joel wrote:
> DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre a écrit :
>> During compile, in some cases (compile via a gentoo ebuild), I get the
>> following problem. If I compile in a normal environment it works fine.
>> Any idea ?
>
>     No, I don't have, but you have to know that OpenSSL Makefiles break
> parallel build. For new release that should be available as soon as
> possible, I shall force -j1 to build OpenSSL.

Please make this detection version specific. I have a quad core, and
parallel build really improoves compile time:
5'20" with -j6
11'50" with -j1

And with time, CPU will never see frequency increase; since ~2005 only
the number of cores will increase: we need to come back to parallel
computing (like on the VERY old times).

> I don't know options given
> by ebuild, but you should force -j1 if it is possible.

My problem :)

Fixed, working, thanks :)

--
 >o_/ DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP) http://benoit.demaine.info/
If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would'nt have work \_o<

"So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
(FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)