[RPL/2] New RPL/2 ports

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mar 17 Aou 16:37:48 CEST 2010

	Hello,

	Some news. I shall upload a new release as soon as possible. I have
done a lot of work to port RPL/2 on systems that only have broken or
don't have siginfo structure (OpenBSD, OS/2 and eCS and propably some
others).

	Now, RPL/2 supports multithreading and multitasking on OpenBSD (and
transliteration). I have only tested on OpenBSD 4.7 i386. This
workaround uses shared memory (two segments by process to avoid
alignment error). I'm trying to do some parallel computation with this
new patch and it seems to run fine.

	On system where POSIX semaphore functions are broken, it is now
possible to use SysV semaphores. A new configure option shall be
available to force SysV semaphores instead of POSIX ones.

	I'm not sure that the same code is directly usable on OS/2 because I'm
not sure that shmget() is available. I shall test as soon as possible.

	Please test last daily snapshot.

	Regards,

	JKB