[RPL/2] self compiling ?

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mar 27 Nov 22:31:55 CET 2007

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre wrote:
> BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>> Adrian Blake wrote:
>>> The two intrinsics are not working as you describe:
>>>
>>> [adrian at adios rpl]$ rpl -is
>>> +++RPL/2 version 4.0.0.prerelease.2 (Wednesday 11/14/07, 21:52:10 EST)
>>> +++Copyright (C) 1989 to 2006, 2007 BERTRAND Joël
>> 	I see you don't use the last snapshot.
>
> Please, do not rely on release dates; change the version number each
> time. I had problems because of this recently, because it happens you
> publish updates with the same name of the version you tend to upgrade.
> This leads to files having the same name, and different content. Please,
> stop overwriting files. Then, version names will be consistent, and
> revealant.

	I upload snapshot, not release or prerelease because I have a lot of
work to do in some dark sides of RPL/2 before next milestone. Last
prerelease was 4.0.0.prerelease.1, not prerelease.2 that is _only_ a
buildable snapshot of my current CVS tree. The date you can see is only
compilation date.

	Thus, you only have two choices : you can use all new features (and
probably bugs) in last snapshot, or use a official prerelease.

	JKB