[RPL/2] Error in half-compilation

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mar 19 Juin 16:12:11 CEST 2007

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre a écrit :
>> 	Hardcoded pathes come with pre8v.
>
> Also have the same problem ...
>
>> On which mirror have you find a pre8w
>> release ? This release (you can download it on official web site with
>> .../download/rpl-4.00pre8w.tar.bz2) is not the final one and I have some
>> code to fix. The patch I have sent is not a patch between 8v and 8w, but
>> a patch between offical pre8v and _my_ tree (that shall be pre8w) to fix
>> a major bug (in STATIC intrinsic).
>
> In fact, I had first the prolem with V, then, I thought the next one
> could fix it. Since I dont know how to make a Gentoo ebuild use patches,
> and did not to know, I just incremented the letter of DL link, and it
> worked :) V became W (sounds pretty logic), download was successfull,
> and compile leaded to the same problem.
>
> I just assumed you wanted users not re DL the full file (save server BW
> ? avoid user re-DL when a patch may suffice ? your motives are not my
> concerne). W was there, I took it. It was not mentioned in the main
> page, but you are some times 1 ou 2 days late to update HTML pages ...

	The main motivation was given by a very big bug I have discovered two
hours after 4.00pre8v announce...

>>> will be the execution dir, what is false ... what is ALWAYS false on Gentoo.
>> 	Yes, and ?
>
> and there is a bug that should be corrected for users convinience :)

	I know. But I have another configuration trouble to fix before yours
because other one concerns all Unix system. I have to find a mechanism
to send argument to external configure script from mine.

> It should be simple.

	I'm not sure...

	JKB