[FreeVMS] Build system questions

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 21:36:38 CET 2015

On 03/17/2015 08:06 AM, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> Very few headers belong in sys, that is the place for the main kernel.
> The lib headers are found here:
> http://starlet.deltatel.ru/sys$common/syslib/SYS$LIB_C.TLB But a lot
> of special/privileged images use the lib headers. Also a lot of third
> party software. So the usage of the most relevant ones are known/well
> documented.
OK, two points:
1) Ultimately you would like to evolve/move the code in linux to sys, right?
2) IMO there is no need to let the source tree from which you build the
freevms kernel and system libraries have the same layout as the tree
with headers and libraries that is used to build special/privileged
images when freevms is deployed. So I still think that lib can be placed
somewhere inside/below sys.

Regards,
Guido