[FreeVMS] Question

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Sun Jun 23 23:52:56 CEST 2013

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Renee<rmctwo at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Posix? Why write posix at all?
>> Renee
>
> Posix is an important part of any server environment today; at least
> the C RTL parts of it.  It's better to think about it from the start
> rather than try to wedge it on the system after the fact.

	Newlib is a POSIX libc that only uses a few syscalls.

> Is there a tutorial on how to build and run FreeVMS?  Something that
> demonstrates how to go from pure source code to running it in a
> (virtual) machine?

	You have an howto in sources to build a qemu disk image. Today, you
cannot run any code as FreeVMS requires a pager (and sometimes, kernel
freezes during initialization as recursive mutexes are broken. I think I
will fix these mutexes this monday and push modifications in git tree).

	Regards,

	JKB