[FreeVMS] FreeVMS disk image update

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Sun Jun 16 23:09:35 CEST 2013

Matthew Veety a écrit :
> What exactly needs to be done on the system?

	In a first time, memory management. The first mapping over L4 is
idempotent (virtual address are directly mapped on pysical ones) and is
only used to start root task (freevms.sys).

	With this memory management, system needs IO drivers and process
management. L4/X2 uses threads and address space, but there is no system
to associate address space and thread to process ID à la VMS.

	In a third time, we must write all basic VMS library and port newlib to
provide a real POSIX compatibility.

	Of course, we can discuss about a more precise roadmap.

	Regards,

	JKB