[FreeVMS] build problem

Alessandro Sangiuliano alex22_7 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 10:45:17 CET 2013

Il giorno 14/dic/2013, alle ore 19:33, Alessandro Sangiuliano <alex22_7 at hotmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello, I follow the mailing list, because I still want to learn something of OS developing and L4, contributing to FreeVMS, the road is long but I try.
>
> However today I seen there was a bug fix, so I tried to build  with the updated code.
> Unfortunately I fail to build the bootstrap when I give:
>
> make bootstrap
>
> the error is:
>
> checking if C symbols get an underscore after compilation… configure: error: gcc failed to produce assembly code.
>

> This problem occurred now that I updated my lynux system and the gcc version is now:
>
> 4.8.1
>
> In the previous gcc version, but I don’t remember the version, this problem did not happen and the build process did complete with success.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

On another system with gcc 4.7.3 I can build the kernel but when I run

make bootstrap

I get this error:

make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader/grub-core/gnulib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader/grub-core/gnulib'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader/grub-core/gnulib'
Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `grub-mkconfig_lib', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/FreeVMS/build/bootloader'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
create a new version of this paste