[FreeVMS] build problem

Alessandro Sangiuliano alex22_7 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 14 19:33:15 CET 2013

Hello, I follow the mailing list, because I still want to learn something of OS developing and L4, contributing to FreeVMS, the road is long but I try.

However today I seen there was a bug fix, so I tried to build  with the updated code.
Unfortunately I fail to build the bootstrap when I give:

make bootstrap

the error is:

checking if C symbols get an underscore after compilation… configure: error: gcc failed to produce assembly code.

This problem occurred now that I updated my lynux system and the gcc version is now:

4.8.1

In the previous gcc version, but I don’t remember the version, this problem did not happen and the build process did complete with success.

Cheers,

Alex