[FreeVMS] building 0.3.14 - make telnet (gcc/bliss internal error)

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Thu May 21 17:19:47 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 04:52:42PM +0200, Fausto Saporito wrote:

> But now I have a new severe error, doing make telnet.
> In the Howto file there's a note saying "change close to close2 in
> routines.b32" but I
> cannot find any close function in that file, just a Close (Bliss

Remember Bliss being caseless, so it is Close.

> `/home/fausto/vms/freevmsx86_64.iomm/cmuip/telnet/src'
> make[1]: Circular option.req <- option.req dependency dropped.
> /home/fausto/vms/freevmsx86_64.iomm/bliss/bin/gcc -c telnet.b32 -o telnet.o
> -fminimum-actuals=4
> telnet.b32:37860: note: BLS-MSG-'0 Bytes for max size dump block'

I have stated in FEATURES that the telnet client is only 32-bit,
and you seem to be on 64-bit? (Have now added 32-bit to HOWTO)

Did not think that making a 64-bit version of telnet was worthwhile,
it is after only telnet.

But having the telnet client served its purpose.
That means having compiled some native VMS software, to facilitate writing
correct core functionality in the kernel.

--
Regards,
Roar Thronæs