[FreeVMS] building 0.3.14 - make telnet (gcc/bliss internal error)

Fausto Saporito fausap at unina.it
Thu May 21 16:52:42 CEST 2009

Hello,

for the first time make vmsall worked fine! :-)

But now I have a new severe error, doing make telnet.
In the Howto file there's a note saying "change close to close2 in
routines.b32" but I
cannot find any close function in that file, just a Close (Bliss
function). I tried in
both ways, but I have always this error:

cd cmuip/telnet/src; \
         make; \
         cd ../../..
make[1]: Entering directory s
`/home/fausto/vms/freevmsx86_64.iomm/cmuip/telnet/src'
make[1]: Circular option.req <- option.req dependency dropped.
/home/fausto/vms/freevmsx86_64.iomm/bliss/bin/gcc -c telnet.b32 -o telnet.o
-fminimum-actuals=4
telnet.b32:37860: note: BLS-MSG-'0 Bytes for max size dump block'

telnet.b32:39050: internal compiler error: in output_constructor, at
varasm.c:4387
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [telnet.o] Error 1

Something wrong in the bliss compiler, I suppose.

Anyone succeded in this step?

Fausto