[FreeVMS] New release 0.3.9

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Dim 6 Jan 14:24:56 CET 2008

Roar Thronæs wrote:
> Hi

	Hello and happy new year.

> New release 0.3.9 at
> ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/vms/freevms (freevms-0_3_9.tgz and linker-0_2_6)
>
> This is a source-only release, with new features untested.

	OK, I shall build a binary release.

> News:
> System services $setswm (but not yet used by swapper)
> and $setprt (also untested).
>
> More news:
> I have started developing again, but at a more limited level and time quota.
> In other words, and to a much greater extent than before,
> this project will not get anywhere without more developers.
>
> Bugs/features fixed:
> Both:
> None.
>
> New bugs/features:
> Probably some.
>
> Notes:
> Still SMP problems.
> Outgoing telnet client has problems withing cli parsing and output.

	I think this project need some developers too. We have some other
occupations (because we do not be paid to write any lines of FreeVMS). I
have some time to write parts of FreeVMS (like some other potential
developers that read this mailing list), but we need to better organize
or centralize this development. I can replace official web site by a
wiki (for example) to assign some source code to specific developers and
to allow these developer to write themself some documentation about
FreeVMS internals. Indeed, I have some time to implement some features,
but I don't have time to understand all FreeVMS internals with only
source code.

	Other suggestion ?

	Regards,

	JKB