[FreeVMS] i want to be a developer

Richard Levitte richard at levitte.org
Lun 30 Avr 11:37:42 CEST 2007

In message <20070430065549.GD11412 at nvg.ntnu.no> on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:55:49 +0200, Roar Thronæs <roart at nvg.ntnu.no> said:

roart> > Oh, just looked at the ftp.nvm.ntnu.no:/pub/vms...  You can
roart> > take away all references to nic.lp.se, it's gone.  The
roart> > free-vms that I started hardly even got off the ground (I'm
roart> > quite impressed with how far you've gotten), so that part
roart> > isn't very interesting at all.
roart>
roart> It should stay for historical reasons; too much information has
roart> been lost because the original source sites have disappeared.
roart> (I have used as much as I can from it, though.)

Hmm, is that information from before the abysmal crash in...  uh, I
don't quite remember any more, but that was the end of the 90's or so,
where nic.lp.se more or less lost all data (yup, something had gone
really wrong with the backups, the tapes were empty!)?

If not, I've the computer that was nic.lp.se at home and can start it
up at any time and fetch the needed information, if there's something
you think you're missing.

roart> > Anyhow, I'll look later at the stuff in the FTP area.  Is
roart> > there an instruction on how to build those images (a.img.gz
roart> > and c.img.gz), or are those just "as is"?
roart>
roart> It can be built by following the instructions in the
roart> linux/HOWTO file.  I ran through them recently when building
roart> from scratch on etch.

Ah, good, I'll have a look at that then.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte                         richard at levitte.org