[FreeVMS] i want to be a developer

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Lun 30 Avr 08:55:49 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 05:12:45PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:

> Maybe it's time I take the dust of my VMS experience and start
> playing again.  Damn, it's been a long time since I did something
> real in the VMS world!

Nice.

> Oh, just looked at the ftp.nvm.ntnu.no:/pub/vms...  You can take away
> all references to nic.lp.se, it's gone.  The free-vms that I started
> hardly even got off the ground (I'm quite impressed with how far
> you've gotten), so that part isn't very interesting at all.

It should stay for historical reasons; too much information has been
lost because the original source sites have disappeared.
(I have used as much as I can from it, though.)

> Anyhow, I'll look later at the stuff in the FTP area.  Is there an
> instruction on how to build those images (a.img.gz and c.img.gz), or
> are those just "as is"?

It can be built by following the instructions in the linux/HOWTO file.
I ran through them recently when building from scratch on etch.

--
Regards,
Roar Thronæs