[FreeVMS] Disk images

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Ven 22 Juil 16:42:04 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 03:03:30PM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:43:41AM +0200, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:51:47AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>
> > > 	2/ a.img contains a grub bootable disk. I think that the second
> > >
> > > 	"Error 24: Attempt to access block outside partition"
> >
> > I have got the same files as you have, and I can still boot.
>
> 	The files I have uploaded on the web page ?

The same grub files as in a.img.

> > There is no need for state1_5 files.
> > Was the ODS-2 disk initialized?
>
> 	I have used createimage script (in freevms/diskimage):
> 	../init/src/init /dev/loop0 SYSDISK 64260

Did you get any errors from createimage?

> > Can you mount it?
>
> 	I don't know. The second partition is known as type 2a and seems to
> 	be formatted. How can I mount this partition (ODS-2) under Linux ?

You need to use the VFS ODS-2 code I mentioned some months back.
(It is quicker than using mount and copy otherwise.)

Did you put something in the ODS-2 partition?
If it is empty, there is no use booting from it.
(And may have caused error 24.)

Createimage is not able to put anything in ODS-2.

--
Regards,
Roar Thronæs