[FreeVMS] Disk images

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Jeu 21 Juil 15:03:30 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:43:41AM +0200, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:51:47AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> >
> > 	1/ What is the difference between c.img and c2.img ? I have seen
> > 	that c2.img is a copy of c.img, but diff c.img c2.img returns
> > 	"binary files differs"... I don't understand.
>
> Probably because of different mount, creation/access times etc.

	Sorry... I have forgotten the creation time...

> There will be a practical difference when both disks have different
> cluster configs.
>
> > 	2/ a.img contains a grub bootable disk. I think that the second
> > 	partition of c.img is an ODS-2 disk. Right ? But I cannot boot on
> > 	this partition. I don't know if I cannot boot because a.img doesn't
> > 	contains o2fs_stage1_5 (maybe a bug in the script) or if the second
> > 	partition of c.img is not a regular ODS-2 filesystem. I have copied
> > 	o2fs_stage1_5 and o2fs_stage1_5.exec, but I only obtain the same
> > 	result :
> >
> > 	"Error 24: Attempt to access block outside partition"
>
> I have got the same files as you have, and I can still boot.

	The files I have uploaded on the web page ?

> There is no need for state1_5 files.
> Was the ODS-2 disk initialized?

	I have used createimage script (in freevms/diskimage):
	../init/src/init /dev/loop0 SYSDISK 64260

> Can you mount it?

	I don't know. The second partition is known as type 2a and seems to
	be formatted. How can I mount this partition (ODS-2) under Linux ?

	Regards,

	JKB