[FreeVMS] (no subject)

Roger Tucker roger.tucker at mci.com
Ven 12 Aou 17:58:37 CEST 2005

Roar,

I changed the proto-types of lib$get_ef(), lib$free_ef(), and
lib$reserve_ef() in lib$routines.h to match the routines in libgetef.c and
to match real VMS.  The missing CR/LF's must have happened in my e-mail
program.  Sorry about that.  I'll watch out for that in the future.  If the
proto-types match, you should have the latest/greatest version, if they
don't match, please correct them for me.  I'll check the latest tar ball
when it comes out to see if my changes are in there.

I've never used CVS but I know about it.  I'll try to get CVS working, if
you have any pointers in this area that might help...

The extra null is allocated in strget1_dx_64.c.  The strget1_dx.c has
already been corrected.  Most of the other problems in the str$ routines are
that they don't handle all the different types of descriptors yet, and the
strlen() problem I mentioned earlier.

Andrew,

Are all of your changes checked in?  I think our goals should be to make as
small/incremental changes as reasonably possible and check in-often.  Try to
keep freevms as stable as possible and eventually coordinate everything
through CVS.  My first and only round of changes were a new libgetef.c and I
just e-mailed them to roar.

Roger