[Freevms] Configuration trouble

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Sam 31 Juil 09:29:14 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 08:13:28PM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> Roar Thronæs a écrit :
> >On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:10:33PM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>
> schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] > ./linux debug eth0=mcast
> ubd0=../rooti386 mem=16M init=/vms\$common/sysexe/dcl
> Segmentation fault
> schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] > ./linux
> Segmentation fault
> schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] >

That is something that may be glibc-related and will be included in FAQ:

Answer:         Seems to happen with debian unstable and
                gentoo (gentoo got it around middle of January).
                A debian guy said it had something to do with threading
                and recompiling glibc.
                It works all right under RedHat 9.

> 	In the BUG file, you wrote that you can see a segv with gcc and
> 	redhat. Same trouble with gcc-3.3.4 and Debian. I will try a standalone
> kernel with Bochs.

It may be that this line is outdated, I have removed it in the CVS version
some days ago.

Regards,
Roar Thronæs