[FreeVMS] RE: Lot FreeVMS, Vol 6, Parution 2

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Jeu 9 Déc 20:35:46 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:10:05PM -0500, Bruce M. Allen wrote:
> Does Bochs run on Alpha to emulate x86 in order to run FreeVMS under it?

	I don't know, my PWS500a is dead... :-(

> Why not run FreeVMS natively or is it easier to develop under Bochs?

	I have tried to run FreeVMS under Bochs without any trouble (due to
	Bochs, of course ;-) ), but I have made my own disk image.

	It is possible to develop the kernel on a real workstation. I'm
	trying to write a SCSI driver and an Adaptec driver, I don't have
	any IDE PC. I have to write another ethernet driver to my Tulip
	card. Working with Bochs is easier.

	Regards,

	JKB