[FreeVMS] Keyboard driver

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Lun 9 Aou 14:57:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 01:23:25PM +0200, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:38:57AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	I have built the last CVS tree in "full VMS" configuration. I
> > 	have some troubles with terminal I/O. The keyboard driver in the
> > 	kernel seems to be usable, and seems to work fine, but I cannot
> > 	trace the internal functionnement of this driver (I have add
> > 	some printk in ttdrvr/src without any result). How does this
> > 	driver work ?
>
> Badly.
> I will try to document it soon.
> Seems con$fdtread in vmsconsole.c uses some routine in n_tty.c, so far.

	OK. I will check.

> > PS: Roar, I have tried to add a dk directory, but cvs returns an error.
>
> Have not yet been able to find what is wrong, but will try some more.

	Thanks.

> You have finished the $QIO interface to SCSI/2940 already?

	No, only started. I have found a VMS dkdriver (written in macro-asmb).
	I have found some C code too.

> A dk directory in freemvms/dk or in driver/src/dk?

	In driver/src/dk in my tree.

> I think driver files really belong in freevms/scsi/src or as files
> in driver/src.
>
> > I think I can modify an existing file, but not add a new file or
> > directory. I'm modifying the srm console, thus I have tried to put a src
> > directory in srm, but I receive an error too...
>
> I have got a srm/src directory.
>
> If you add a modified grub, you should remove the things we don't need
> (the most, but keep ext2 and 3c90x), and add support for ods-2 and mop.
> You should also have in mind the VMS boot process.

	My PWS500au is dead :-(.  Do you have some information about the
	boot process of VMS ?

> You might also look into if grub 2 can support what we want better.

	Grub2 is better than grub. It works as the Sun bootprom and can
	be improved (less asmb code than in regular grub).

> (The current version is based on grub 0.90 and I most saw name changes
> of grub to srm (and some vga_16 stuff)).

	Can you give me a list of the first commands to build into SRM ?

	Regards,

	JKB