[FreeVMS] Keyboard driver

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Lun 9 Aou 13:23:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:38:57AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> 	I have built the last CVS tree in "full VMS" configuration. I
> 	have some troubles with terminal I/O. The keyboard driver in the
> 	kernel seems to be usable, and seems to work fine, but I cannot
> 	trace the internal functionnement of this driver (I have add
> 	some printk in ttdrvr/src without any result). How does this
> 	driver work ?

Badly.
I will try to document it soon.
Seems con$fdtread in vmsconsole.c uses some routine in n_tty.c, so far.

> PS: Roar, I have tried to add a dk directory, but cvs returns an error.

Have not yet been able to find what is wrong, but will try some more.

You have finished the $QIO interface to SCSI/2940 already?

A dk directory in freemvms/dk or in driver/src/dk?
I think driver files really belong in freevms/scsi/src or as files
in driver/src.

> I think I can modify an existing file, but not add a new file or
> directory. I'm modifying the srm console, thus I have tried to put a src
> directory in srm, but I receive an error too...

I have got a srm/src directory.

If you add a modified grub, you should remove the things we don't need
(the most, but keep ext2 and 3c90x), and add support for ods-2 and mop.
You should also have in mind the VMS boot process.

You might also look into if grub 2 can support what we want better.
(The current version is based on grub 0.90 and I most saw name changes
of grub to srm (and some vga_16 stuff)).

Regards,
Roar Thronæs