[RPL/2] After 4 years, still another problem with building OpenSSL and RPL/2 -- Ncurses is also broken as well

Jonathan Busby jonathanbusby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 01:28:37 CET 2014

( Note that I had to slightly alter the subject of this message as
Gmail auto-quoting is still borked )

I tried building 4.1.18 with :

"
Kathy at Kathy-PC ~/rpl-4.1.18
$ sh -c './configure --without-openssl --disable-openssl
--disable-ncurses --disable-silent-rules --enable-dependency-tracking
--enable-rplcas --without-ncurses --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin && make -d
-j 3 && make check && make install' 2>&1 | tee buildlog-2.log
"

Just to be "extra sure" I disabled openssl with the --disable and
--without options and disabled ncurses but now it fails on building
ncurses :

[ Deleted relevant section of make debug output -- message was too
large. See build log links ]

So, I tried building the older 4.0.15 version with :

"
Kathy at Kathy-PC ~/rpl-4.0.15
$ sh -c './configure -C --disable-silent-rules
--enable-dependency-tracking --enable-rplcas --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin
&& make -d -j 3 && make check && make install' 2>&1 | tee
buildlog-3.log
"

But it again fails on building ncurses :

[ Deleted relevant section of make debug output -- message was too
large. See build log links ]

Trying to disable ncurses and openssl in both versions via configure
also doesn't seem to work.

Here are links to the two complete build logs for versions 4.0.15 and
4.1.18 respectively :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v63v9uycn7a7wl/buildlog-3.tar.xz?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h85hfb3lctvk7t8/buildlog-2.tar.xz?dl=0

I give up for now. My guess is that the recent versions of Cygwin64
are incompatible with RPL/2 .

Regards,

Jonathan