[RPL/2] 4.1.17 compilation failed on linux

Joël BERTRAND joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Wed May 14 14:20:41 CEST 2014

Le 14/05/2014 13:44, Laurent Laborde a écrit :
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Joël BERTRAND
> <joel.bertrand at systella.fr <mailto:joel.bertrand at systella.fr>> wrote:
>
>              Very strange. On Linux, you should have -UIPCS_SUPPORT, not
>     -DIPCS_SUPPORT.
>
>              Can you check in config.log why sysv-ipcs check fails ? I
>     suppose you have configured RPL/2 with :
>     ./configure --enable-motif --enable-rplcas
>
>              With -DIPCS_SYSV, you try to use some emulation routines
>     (for xBSD) that are known to be broken on 4.1.17. These routines
>     have been fixed in 4.1.18 daily snapshot.
>

> Nope, no option, juste ./configure
>
> For testing purpose :
> - 4.1.10 compiled successfully on the same system
> - it's ok on 4.1.18 too

	Please check in config.log why POSIX check fails. configure script
tries to build :

   int fd; char *sem = "/test";
   fd = shm_open(sem , O_CREAT | O_RDWR, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR);
   close(fd);
   shm_unlink(sem);
   fd = sem_open(sem, O_CREAT | O_RDWR, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR, 0);
   close(fd);
   sem_unlink(sem);
   return(0);

with appropriate headers and this program should run as expected on a
Linux system.

	Your regression only affects systems that don't have POSIX IPCS and was
introduced only in 4.1.17. It is fixed in 4.1.18.

	Regards,

	JKB