[RPL/2] Do you have documentation of how to use the interactive command line?

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Sat Jul 26 12:23:36 CEST 2014

Jason Shields a écrit :
> I'm completely frustrated with your language!

	Ah ? Why ? And by the way, hello, nice to speak to you !

> You don't give any
> expanation of how to use it.

	I guess you did not read the f*ucking manual I have written for you. If
you have read it, you could see that interactive mode can be launched by
rpl -i and that a very strange keyword I have oddly called "HELP" is
available.

	I offer this language as is for a very long time (1998). I know that
lack of documentation.

	BUT :
- there is a mailing list to obtain help ;
- HP28 manual a sufficient ;
- you can offer help to translate french documentation ;
- you can help to write a documentation in english.

	I know that bugzilla is currently broken due to a bug in mod-perl. You
can report bugs on mailing list also.

> I'm sick of it! Plus, mathematics and
> computer programs are made interresting by the existence of Quine
> programs.

	Quine is not in my TODO list but you can try to write a quine if you
have time enough. And I don't know how you could write a quine in
interactive mode.

> I've tried to construct a valid Quine using rpl/2 but for
> some reason, you decided to make it an error.

	*I* have decided to make it an error ? I do not even known what you
wrote. I you want some help, send your code to the mailing list.

> Completely useless for
> AI. You should just take the HP50G+ emu from  the hpcalc site and
> engineer it for use in windows and linux. Completely useless

	Maybe completely useless for *YOU*. RPL/2 is not an emulator but a real
language. I use it (with RPL/C) to solve NP-complet problems on parallel
computers that contains more than 256 CPU. This language is used by a
lot of users (universities, laboratories...) and if it were useless, it
would be much less downloaded.

	JKB