[RPL/2] did i found a bug ?

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre benoit at demaine.info
Lun 15 Nov 16:26:55 CET 2010

On 15/11/10 16:13, BERTRAND Joel wrote:
>     And it's not a workaround. I'm not pushed this patch in main tree
> because there is a side effect:
>
> RPL/2> { 123+ }
>
> is treated as syntax error but RPL/2 enters in a deadlock... Same
> constatation with <[ 123+ ]>.

I just pointed that, to me, a memory allocation error is an unexpected
behaviour; i have no clue what is the expected behaviour; you are the
author, and you, and only you know how RPL should behave. I made a typo,
and it ended up in, from MY point of view, to use "ordinary computing
words", a segfault.

I just came to report, and test your patch as you asked me.

Did you repro the bug when pasting my inputs in your own version before
patch ? if yes, you can fix it without me.

--
 >o_/ DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP) http://benoit.demaine.info/
If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would'nt have work \_o<

"So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
(FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)