[RPL/2] RPL/2 4.0.11

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Jeu 4 Mar 11:08:27 CET 2010

	Hello,

	I have uploaded a new RPL/2 release. Changelog since last release is :

- configure.in and makefile.am's are modified to add Cygwin support.
Interix support is broken;
- memory leak is fixed in recherche_type();
- TeX files are now written in UTF-8 even default locale differs;
- minor bug is fixed in ->STR (escaped characters);
- minor bug is fixed in ->Q intrinsic. Resultat is returned as integer
fraction intead real one;
- SIGN now returns (0,0) instead (nan,nan) when complex argument is null;
- Makefile.am are modified to authorize parallel builds;
- minor bug is fixed in CR intrinsic. CR sends a carriage return to
printer and writes warning to standard output;

	Please note that if RPL/2 can be built under Cygwin, it requires the
last SVN snapshot and it's not a port to Windows. Cygwin 1.7.1 is broken
and cannot be used to build RPL/2. Some Cygwin internal functions are
broken and RPL/2 can stop on a system error (DETACH and SPAWN). I have
tried to bissect but I use Cygwin under Windows XP pro in qemu and a
simple compilation from scratch takes more than one day ! That being
said, I shall not write workaround. Process and thread management is
complex enough and work on all Posix compliant system. I have tried to
build RPL/2 under Interix 3.5 without success (IPv6 support is
unavailable, some basic functions are broken, some headers are not Posix
Compliant even with _ALL_SOURCES...). I don't have Windows 7 with new
Interix release to test.

	Regards,

	JKB