[RPL/2] RPL/2-4.0.0.prerelease.5

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre benoit at demaine.info
Mar 18 Mar 05:01:08 CET 2008

BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre a écrit :
>> Same compile bug as previously reported, when no RPL2 installed on the
>> machine, installing pre5 fails:
>
>     Try to use a UFT8-capable distribution or modify src/makefile.am
> like this :
>
> %.conv.c: %.c
>     iconv -f @ENCODING_AUTODETECTION@ \
>             -t $(shell locale charmap)//translit $< | expand -t 4 > $@
>
> %.conv.h: %.h
>     iconv -f @ENCODING_AUTODETECTION@ \
>             -t $(shell locale charmap)//translit $< | expand -t 4 > $@
>
> %.conv.f: %.f
>     iconv -f @ENCODING_AUTODETECTION@ \
>             -t $(shell locale charmap)//translit $< | expand -t 4 > $@
>
>     No tested, but it should work.

My distro suports UTF8, but not the console I use: Eterm.

moon_gen_3 ~ # locale -a
POSIX
en_GB
en_GB.iso885915
en_GB.utf8
fr_FR
fr_FR.utf8
fr_FR at euro
moon_gen_3 ~ # locale
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=
moon_gen_3 ~ #

I can hardly alter src/makefile.am ; could I rather pass a configure or
make option ? export an other locale ? add an other locale to my glibc
like for example en_US.utf8 ?

Compiling in console mode does not help.

--
  >o_/ DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP) http://benoit.demaine.info/
If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work \_o<

"So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
(FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)