[RPL/2] Access violation (stack overflow)

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Jeu 15 Nov 09:54:09 CET 2007

Woody Jeon wrote:
> I compiled the prerelease.2  and got a message right after rpl started,
>
>      "+++System : Access violation (stack overflow)"
>
> Even though I have no idea this is harmful or not, it doesn't seem a
> good sign
>
> Any idea on this?

	Yes, I have ;-)

	Please try to launch RPL/2 with rpl -is. I think you shouldn't receive
a stack overflow error. Where have you downloaded sources ? This very
minor bug (segfault when a child process ends) was fixed a long time
ago. I have verified that it is fixed in 4.0.0.prerelease.2 on the
official web page.

	You can check too that src/encart.c ends by :

             XmDestroyPixmap(XtScreen(popup), pixmap_rpl);
             XmDestroyPixmap(XtScreen(popup), pixmap_rpl_masque);

             XtDestroyWidget(pixmap);
             XtDestroyWidget(cadre);
             XtDestroyWidget(form);
             XtDestroyWidget(popup);
             XtDestroyWidget(objet_principal);

             if (sigaction(SIGINT, &action_passee, NULL) != 0)
             {
                 (*s_etat_processus).erreur_systeme = d_es_signal;
                 return;
             }

             exit(0);
         }
         else
         {
             if (sigaction(SIGINT, &action_passee, NULL) != 0)
             {
                 (*s_etat_processus).erreur_systeme = d_es_signal;
                 return;
             }

             (*s_etat_processus).erreur_systeme = d_es_signal;
             return;
         }
     }
#   endif

     return;
}

// vim: ts=4

	That being said, it is possible you have found a new bug. In this case,
you can start RPL/2 with (of course in bash ulimit -c unlimited) rpl -id
to avoid signal management.

	Regards,

	JKB