[RPL/2] The documentation

Khanh-Dang Nguyen Thu Lam kdntl at yahoo.fr
Dim 13 Aou 09:09:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

RPL/2 is really a great tool, and it deserves to be more well-known,
especially by HP calcs users. I like it, as I like my HP calcs, each
having its own pros and cons.

Unfortunately, the documentation is still poor, especially about how to
draw advanced graphes with gnuplot. I had to look into the source code
to understand how some commands do work, but most users must have no
time to do it. That's why I propose to write the documentation for the
RPL/2 <=> gnuplot part (french version only, as my english is not that
good). For this, I would like to have some more information than what
the HELP command gives, especially about how to set the PPAR parameters.
For example, despite my efforts, I didn't manage to set the axes to
what I expect for 3D graphes, and the online help didn't help me :)

As there is not much documentation, I also suggest, from my user point
of view, to reorganize the text displayed by the help command when run
with no arguments. Instead of listing all the commands in alphabetical
order, I think it would be more helpful if they were sorted by
categories: one for arrays processing, one for plotting, and so on. Not
that easy because some commands could be in several categories, but I
think it is worth the effort.

Regards