[FreeVMS] Debian 8

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:25:12 CEST 2015

On 05/17/2015 06:01 PM, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> How is the truncation problem going (if the rest of the similar linkages
> works, this would be close, too)?

The root cause is that FreeVMS is build against two different glibc
versions, the once from the linux host and the old debian version that
you added for debian 7. That is also the reason his only occurs on
x86_64. I guess the linker error could have happened on other images,
because the glibc clash produces  compiler warnings for almost all of them.

> How about mount/mountdsp (it is actually used), but the user part does not
> build until install time (for some reason)?

Sorry, I haven't had the time to look into this yet.

> For the Debian 6/7 based builds, have you noticed any cases where the
> virtual machine just suddenly reboots?
> There is at least one case of double fault (going immediately to triple
> fault and reset) that I am trying to reproduce, but forgot how it is triggered.

I have seen such a reboot, but that was when running one of my tests
where I made a stupid mistake (I tried to dereference an integer value).
So it is definitely not the same one you saw, though it might have the
same cause given the compiler warnings about converting integers to
pointers and vice versa. Once you know how to trigger it, use "log exec"
in qemu (also make sure you specified a logfile), so you can pin point
where it is triggered in the code.

Guido