[FreeVMS] Github

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:05:09 CEST 2015

On 05/17/2015 05:50 PM, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 09:13:40AM +0200, Guido wrote:
>> I would like to take up the offer to use bugzilla. The github issue
>> tracker provides only very basic functionality, where bugzilla has more
>> features. The only downside is that bugzilla tends to call everything a
>> bug, while in my opinion you can not have bugs until at least some
>> functionality is considered done, but that is just being nitpicky.
> I have not tested the github issue tracker, but may it have advantages
> with having the same set of users and some connection to git itself?

The github issue tracker is really very simplistic. Basically it is just
a list of issues that you can assign to a user, give a priority and
label it. A bit like the sourceforge issue tracker, I guess. Bugzilla is
much more sophisticated and it can be customized to fit your product,
workflow, etc. One feature I really like is dependencies between issues,
so that you do not have to worry about adding huge task as a single
issue. Simply add it and make it depend on sub tasks.

Having the same set of users by default is nice to have, but so far Joël
has been very forthcoming, so I do not see that as a big advantage.

Anyway, I started using bugzilla on freevms.net already. It is not much
yet, but it will grow.

Guido