[FreeVMS] More questions

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:41:27 CET 2015

On 03/25/2015 05:13 PM, Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 07:15:18AM +0100, Guido de Jong wrote:
>> - I have not tried myself yet,  but can debug messages be printed to a
>> serial line so they can be logged by qemu? Or maybe debugging using the
>> serial line is an option? I am looking for an easy way to analyse crashes.
> I am currently connecting gdb remotely to qemu.
> How do you (plan to) debug?
I'm not sure. Debugging a multi threaded application is already tricky
at best and sometimes nearly impossible, debugging an OS kernel is
probably even worse. But maybe gdb could produce a backtrace of a crash?

Using debug printk's is also an option, but you need to rebuild every
time you add, remove or change one (rather time consuming) and they will
scroll off the screen pretty fast (which is why I was looking for a way
to write them to a logfile).

Guido