[FreeVMS] More questions

Guido de Jong guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:15:18 CET 2015

Hi,

Some more questions:
- I have not tried myself yet,  but can debug messages be printed to a
serial line so they can be logged by qemu? Or maybe debugging using the
serial line is an option? I am looking for an easy way to analyse crashes.
- A few source files and several headers within the Linux kernel source
tree are not actually used. Would it be OK to remove them?
- The Linux kernel configuration system is still used, albeit only half. Is
there any reason to keep this in place?
- Would cross compiling be a solution to the gs problem? And if so, did you
try it? I am aware that a libc port is required, but smaller ones than
glibc are available these days and one of them might suffice for now.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Guido