[FreeVMS] New release 0.3.17

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:02:32 CET 2015

Hi,

I can not build freevms 0.3.17 from the sources from github. I created a
virtual machine with Debian Linux from scratch and installed all the
required packages listed in the HOWTO. It fails when running the
./envscript.

The errors I found so far:
- myprescript contains a line for an invalid arch "um"
- Makefile.kernel contains an invalid "-I" in the FINDHPATH and errors
in the dep-files target
- The file modversions.h is in the linux/include/config, but should be
in linux/include/linux, possibly due to an invalid update-modverfile
target in Makefile.kernel
- The linux/include/asm-i386/spinlock.h contains in invalid redefinition
of printk()

Of course I might be missing something or doing things wrong ...

Regards, Guido