[FreeVMS] ioc$search

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:59:15 CEST 2015

Hi all,

The ioc$search function from iosubpagd.c should implement what is
described in paragraphs 21.4.1 bullet 4 and 21.5.2.1 bullet 8, 9 & 10
from the VMS I&DS 5.2, right?

It seems to try to extract the node name from the device name by
searching for a '$', but the appropriate delimiter is '::'. If the node
name delimiter is not found this will result in a null pointer.

I do not understand the do-while loop searching the I/O database. I
think the idea is that if a node name was found, it should match in the
I/O database and that the device name and number must always match. But
I believe the code does not quite do that.

I intend to correct this piece of code, but I would like some
confirmation that my analysis is correct.

Regards,
Guido