[FreeVMS] Problems running FreeVMS

Guido guidoj2269 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 23:10:00 CET 2015

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for your interest in FreeVMS!

As Roar mentioned I try to continue the FreeVMS 0.3.x branch. It is
based on a rather old, no longer maintained Linux 2.4 kernel and a lot
of VMS related code and documentation coming from various sources on the
internet. Most of my work so far has been to improve maintainability of
the code base: recent Debian build host, less compiler warnings, more
consistent type definitions and coding style, removal of unused code, a
simple automated test framework, etc. I use Bugzilla from freevms.net in
an effort to maintain a list of tasks that I try to work on. It may not
be complete, but can be found here: https://www.systella.fr/bugzilla3/

I hope you are still willing to contribute. All help is welcome!

Regards,
Guido