[FreeVMS] Current status?

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mon Jan 6 08:19:44 CET 2014

Cory Smelosky a écrit :
> Hello,

> I've been following the status on and off and I noticed development has
> recently resumed.  I am very happy about this and I would be happy to
> bugtest...if I can get it to build.  I never could before.

	I'm working on L4 itself. L4 needs to be patched to be built with a
recent gcc compiler. Indeed, gcc 4.8 (and probably recent 4.7 as I have
some trouble with 4.7.3...) does not inline functions that have to be
inlined as they are called before MMU initialization.

> What's the current status of FreeVMS?  The website seems to be a bit...not
> too up-to-date. ;)

	FreeVMS needs some volunteers to work on some subsystems. website is
one of the tasks, but it needs developers to write memory management also.

	Regards,

	JKB