[FreeVMS] Question about FreeVMS qemu image

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Wed Sep 25 16:07:52 CEST 2013

Roar Thronæs wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 08:24:13PM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>>> %SYS-I-PAGEFLT, pagefault request from $3C at $000000000100C668
>>> %RUN-S-STARTED, PAGER.SYS process started
>>> %PAGER-I-SWPADDR, setting swapper base address at $0000000007FFE000
>>> %PAGER-I-SWPSIZE, setting swap size to 0 byte
>>> %RUN-S-STOPPED, PAGER.SYS process stopped
>>
>> 	It's normal. FreeVMS only creates system threads and tasks. It
>> 	requires a pager to be usable. And I have found a bug in git tree (SLAB
>> hangs) I haven't fixed until now.
>
> For a couple of years now, the available image has been like this.
> But does it give a bad impression, or give an incentive to fix it?

	Sure. A sleeping project always gives a bad impression. Since HP
announcement, I have received a lot of mails from potential new
developers, but until now, no one has proposed patches.

	Rewrite an operating system is a huge work and I will continue if, and
only if, some developers will be able to accept responsabilities (code,
translation, documentation, web pages...).

	Best regards,

	JKB